Gathering friends and family to socialize and create memories is something that always fills our hearts. However, when it comes to hosting people, you might feel like you don't have a lot of space inside your home or you might just want to enjoy outdoor living. Why not take the party outside? With a little creativity and some time, you can transform your outdoor space into an inviting entertainment hub where you will not only entertain, but find relaxing. In this post, we'll give you some tips on how to create an outdoor entertainment space at home.
- Consider the Space You Have: First and foremost, assess the available space outside your home. Depending on the size, you may have to choose which elements of your dream outdoor space are essential. For instance, if you live in an urban area with limited space, focus on creating cozy seating options. But if your outdoors are abundant, you can plan to build an outdoor kitchen, bar, and entertainment area. Start by creating a blueprint of your space and sketching out where you would like to put everything. At this point, don't forget any technology you will want in the space, like all-weather audio systems and TVs as these items also require some thought for a seamless installation.
- Choose the Right Furniture: Outdoor furniture is a crucial aspect of creating a comfortable entertainment space. Invest in some weather-resistant, durable outdoor patio furniture to withstand the elements while adding style and functionality to your space. To add some extra flair, consider incorporating outdoor lighting or area rugs to make the area feel cozy and inviting.
- Create a Focal Point: The focal point of your outdoor entertainment space could be anything, from an outdoor fireplace to a water feature to a TV setup. Adding something unique and visually stunning will give your guests another reason to want to spend time outside. Consider hanging string lights around the area to bring a sense of magical charm to your space or take things to the next level by adding some color-changing lights that integrate with audio. Imagine lights adjusting to music.
- Bring on the Entertainment: Entertaining your guests is a priority – so consider including amenities such as a grill, an outdoor bar area, or a pool to make your space even more conducive to fun. Installing outdoor speakers so you can enjoy music while you’re outside can elevate the atmosphere. Well-balanced speakers keep the party inside of your yard and integrate with your screen. If you love outdoor movies, purchase an outdoor projector to take movie night under the stars.
- Add Greenery and Privacy: Finally, to make your outdoor entertainment space feel more like an oasis, add some greenery. Incorporating plants, flowers, and trees that are native to your area can help create texture and contrast in your space. An excellent way to create privacy is by adding a living wall plant arrangement, a privacy fence, or tall hedges that provide a natural seclusion experience. This natural privacy greenery can also be a way to camouflage speakers and lighting wires.
- Keep Things Cool: Add outdoor roller shades that can be automated to go down when the sun is pouring on the main seating area, keeping bugs out too. Fans and misters can add further comfort, while heaters can be added for cooler fall months.
- Don't Forget WiFi: Check to make sure you have a strong network that covers your outdoor space. Extend your network if needed to support your outdoor tech and remember you will use the space less if you don't have a great Wifi connection, not to mention the inconvenience to guests when entertaining.
Creating an outdoor entertainment space is all about unleashing your imagination and thinking outside the box – and the results will be worth the effort. Think about how you live indoors. These days, you can have all the comforts of the indoors in your outdoor space. With these tips, you can turn your home into the ultimate outdoor experience space. Get your space ready for the entertaining season and create cherished memories that will last a lifetime. Your guests will be thrilled, and you'll value the warm summer evenings comfortably from the comfort of your new outdoor entertainment space.
We love designing and installing audio, video, lighting, shades, networks, and more in outdoor entertainment spaces. We work with homeowners, businesses, and other trade designers to integrate outdoor tech into one-of-a-kind spaces that meet decor, performance, and budget goals. Demos can be found at our showroom in Greensburg, PA or we can visit your location. Contact us with questions or to share your ideas for feedback. Serving the audio-video market for over 60 years, we can't wait to hear about your dream outdoor entertainment space and help you make that dream a reality.